By Paul Deitel
The pro programmer’s Deitel® advisor to phone and capsule app improvement utilizing Android™ 6 and Android Studio Billions of apps were downloaded from Google Play™! This booklet offers every thing you want to commence constructing nice apps quick and getting them released on Google Play™. The publication makes use of an app-driven approach–each new know-how is mentioned within the context of 8 totally coded and established Android apps, entire with syntax shading, code highlighting, code walkthroughs and pattern outputs. Apps you’ll boost contain:
- Welcome App
- Cannon online game
- Tip Calculator
- climate Viewer
- Flag Quiz
- Twitter® Searches
- tackle Book
Practical, Example-Rich assurance of:
- Android 6, Android Studio: Gradle™, Vector Asset Studio, subject matter Editor
- Material layout App Templates and Themes
- AppCompat Library, Android layout help Library, RecyclerView, FloatingActionButton, TextInputLayout
- Material layout Elevation and Icons
- REST net Services/JSON, Threading, SQLite™ Database, Android 6 Permissions
- Cursors, Loaders, ContentProviders
- Supporting a number of monitor Sizes/Resolutions
- Accessibility, Internationalization
- Activities, Fragments, Intents, Preferences
- GUIs, Layouts, Menus, source records, occasions, Touch/Gesture Processing, pictures, Audio, pix, Animation
- Immersive Mode, PrintHelper
- Google Play™ shop, App Publishing, Pricing, advertising, In-App advertisements, In-App Billing, digital items and more
- Download code examples
- For information on Deitel’s Dive Into® sequence programming education classes, stopover at www.deitel.com/training or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow the Deitels on Facebook® at facebook.com/DeitelFan, Twitter® at @deitel, Google+™ at google.com/+DeitelFan, LinkedIn® at bit.ly/DeitelLinkedIn, YouTube™ at youtube.com/DeitelTV
- Subscribe to the Deitel ® Buzz e-mail publication at www.deitel.com/newsletter/ subscribe.html
About This ebook
The first-generation Android telephones have been published in October 2008. As of June 2015, Android had 82.8% of the worldwide phone marketplace percentage, in comparison to 13.9% for Apple and 2.6% for Microsoft (http:// www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-os-market-share.jsp). Billions of apps were downloaded from Google Play and multiple billion Android units have been shipped world wide in 2014 (http://www.cnet.com/news/android-shipments-exceed- 1-billion-for-first-time-in-2014/). The possibilities for Android app builders are enormous.
This booklet offers modern computing applied sciences for pro software program builders. on the middle of the publication is the Deitel app-driven approach–concepts are provided within the context of whole operating Android apps, instead of utilizing code snippets. The advent and app try out drives in the beginning of every bankruptcy exhibit a number of pattern executions. The book’s resource code is accessible at http://www.deitel.com/books/AndroidFP3.
The apps during this booklet have been rigorously designed to introduce you to key Android gains and APIs. You’ll speedy examine every little thing you must begin development Android apps–beginning with a test-drive of the end Calculator app in bankruptcy 1, then construction one new app in each one of Chapters 2 via nine. by the point you achieve bankruptcy 10, you’ll be able to create your personal apps for submission to Google Play and different app marketplaces. You’ll grasp the Google Play submission method, together with importing your apps. You’ll come to a decision even if to promote your apps or supply them at no cost, and tips on how to industry them through social media and monetize them with in-app advertisements, in-app billing, digital items and more.
Read Online or Download Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach PDF
Best tablets & e-readers books
New instruments have made it more uncomplicated to create a podcast. the second one variation of Podcasting For Dummies indicates you ways you could create and distribute your personal on-line recordings utilizing instruments you have already got. This version additionally covers what you must construct a top-notch podcasting studio. specialist podcasters Tee Morris and Evo Terra are joined in this version by means of a fellow podcasting guru, Chuck Tomasi, to stroll you thru recording, modifying, posting, and selling a podcast.
When you have a Droid sequence smartphone—Droid, Droid X, Droid 2, or Droid 2 Global—and are wanting to get the main from your machine, Droids Made easy is ideal for you. Authors Martin Trautschold, Gary Mazo and Marziah Karch consultant you thru the entire beneficial properties, suggestions, and methods utilizing their confirmed blend of transparent directions and distinctive visuals.
Get the main out of Samsung’s Galaxy S5 phone correct from the beginning. With transparent directions from expertise professional Preston Gralla, this lacking handbook grants a guided travel of Samsungs new flagship cellphone, together with nice new gains corresponding to the fingerprint scanner, center cost sensor, and obtain Booster.
This day, a cellular equipment person prefers put in program over shopping web; e. g. reserving cab, procuring motion picture tickets, looking at you tube video clips and so forth. industry percentage of cellular units in line with android, iOS & home windows cell is substantial. developing an installable software concentrating on those a number of units consists of an excessive amount of of ache as a result of services required e.
- The Unauthorized Guide to iPhone, iPad, and iPod Repair: A DIY Guide to Extending the Life of Your iDevices!
- iOS 7 By Tutorials
- Learn Xcode Tools for Mac OS X and iPhone Development (Learn Series)
- Automating ActionScript Projects with Eclipse and Ant
- Building Web Apps with Ember.js
- Samsung Galaxy S For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))
Additional info for Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach
11 lists some popular free and fee-based apps in various categories. You can download apps through the Play Store app installed on your Android device. com then specify the Android device on which to install the app. It will then download via the device’s Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection. In Chapter 10, Google Play and App Business Issues, we discuss additional app stores, offering your apps for free or charging a fee, app pricing and more. 8. com/statistics/266210/number-of-available-applications-inthe-google-play-store/.
You can define direct share targets in your app that enable users to share data via other apps, directly from your app. Enables apps to respond to voice interactions. Apps can respond to pressure-sensitive interactions from a Bluetooth stylus—for example, in a drawing app, pressing the stylus against the screen harder could result in a thicker line. Now on Tap New permissions model Fingerprint authentication App linking Automatic backup Direct Share Voice Interaction API Bluetooth stylus support Fig.
Perhaps, like many programmers, you’ll simply turn on your computer and start typing. This approach may work for small programs, but what if you were asked to create a software system to control thousands of automated teller machines for a major bank? S. air traffic control system? For projects so large and complex, you should not simply sit down and start writing programs. , deciding how the system should do it). Ideally, you’d go through this process and carefully review the design (and have your design reviewed by other software professionals) before writing any code.